What do you do?
We adapt homes for the Elderly and Less Able – everything from fitting a new grab rail to converting an entire house or adding an extension. Have a look at our services here.
Where are you located?
We are in Enfield, Middlesex and work throughout London and the Home Counties. Contact us here.
How long will the work take?
- We work as fast as we can. We have our own large stocks on site, our own surveyors and close partnerships with other professionals. All of this cuts out delays.
- Pre-start meetings – during which all timings and methods of working are discussed so we can identify problems before we start. (eg. Asthma sufferers might need us to seal off the work area or we can fit work around your carer schedules). The surveyor, occupational therapist, works supervisor and resident liaison officer can all attend this meeting as required and a written schedule of works is produced for future reference.
How do I know your work will be of a high standard?
No payment is required until you are completely satisfied that the work suits your needs. This might also put your mind at rest:
- We specialise in home adaptations for the elderly and less able – it’s all we do and we are very good at it!
- We are one of the UK’s largest specialist firms in this work
- We are regularly used by many London Boroughs and Housing Authorities who are legally bound to deliver high quality, safe work for their residents.
- All work is stringently checked by our supervisors who are trained in the specialized needs of the elderly and less able.
- We are proud to uphold the many accreditations and standards certificates awarded to EffectAble.
How do I know your work will suit my needs?
Before we start to design or install a solution, planned work is assessed and approved in a full pre-start meeting with yourself, a fully qualified occupational therapist and a resident liaison officer as required. Find out about the excellent occupational therapists we work with here.
What happens about toilet/bathing facilities during the work?
We try to ensure facilities are up and running during work for as long as possible but we will always warn you in advance where we have to e.g. disconnect the water for a few hours. We can also supply temporary facilities e.g. commodes where needed.